- First thought that comes to mind: Could prosciutto be the new bacon?
- Great for: Crunchy topping for salads, soups, and sandwiches.
- Inspiration: Bacon bits
- Tips & Tricks: Get a drying rack for when the prosciutto pieces are done. It’ll keep the pieces crunchy.
- Pairs well with: Topping on potato salad
Package of prosciutto
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat a skillet on medium high heat and add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in the prosciutto pieces. Make sure the pieces are in one layer and be sure not to crowd the pan.
- Brown the prosciutto for 3 minutes on each side or until the pieces are crispy. Cook the pieces in batches. You may need to add more oil if needed and to turn down the heat depending on your pan.