Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs
- First thought that comes to mind: The real orange chicken
- Great for: A summer time dinner party
- Inspiration: The farmers market had blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges in season!
- Tips & Tricks: To cut the orange segments, cut off the top and bottom of the orange peel just so you reveal the orange flesh. Stand the fruit upright, then cut from the top to the bottom removing the pith. Keep turning the orange and repeating the cutting motion until all the white pith has been removed.
- Pairs well with: Arugula salad
6 chicken thighs
½ cup orange juice
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon of orange marmalade
2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of mustard
2 tablespoon of green onions for garnish
2 oranges peeled and sliced (I used Cara Cara and blood oranges)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (middle rack).
- Whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, marmalade, honey, paprika, salt, mustard.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, make sure it is in one layer and pour the orange mixture on top.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165F. Half way though baste the chicken with the juices in the pan.
- Garnish with oranges and green onions.