In a Pickle
- First thought that comes to mind: I like my pickled cucumbers on the sweeter side
- Great for: Making ahead
- Inspiration: Felt the need to eat something healthy. These count as vegetables right? 🙂
- Tips & Tricks: If you have the time, after you slice the cucumbers, sprinkle them with salt and let it sit for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes gently squeeze the water from the cucumbers and then add to vinegar mixture. This will help the cucumbers retain firmness and keep their crunchy texture.
- Pairs well with: Sushi rolls
½ cups rice vinegar
¼ cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Small peeled piece of ginger (1 inch)
½ cup of thinly sliced cucumbers
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Dissolve rice vinegar, sugar salt together. If you need to heat up the mixture to dissolve the sugar, make sure the mixture is cooled down before using again. You don’t want to cook your vegetables in the mixture.
- Place small piece of ginger, cucumbers, and sesame oil into the mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to a week. Stir the mixture to redistribute the cucumbers if needed.