Super Simple Salmon Cakes
- First thought that comes to mind: Salmon…. Could this be the new chicken of the sea?
- Great for: Fast last minute appetizers. Canned salmon and panko are great items to have on hand in your pantry.
- Inspiration: Adapted from Food Network Paula Dean Recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/salmon-croquettes-recipe.html
- Tips & Tricks: After forming the patties, if you have time throw them in the fridge for 20 minutes. The cold will help form the patties.
- Pairs well with: A spring mix salad dressed with champagne vinaigrette
2 cans of salmon
1 tablespoon of chopped green onion
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
1 tablespoon of mustard
½ cup of Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Olive oil or canola oil for frying
3 tablespoon of mayonnaise (you can substitute with crème fraiche)
1 tablespoon of relish
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
Pinch of chopped chives
- Combine the salmon, egg, breadcrumbs, green onions, chives, mustard in a large bowl. Stir gently.
- At this time, if you want to taste test your mixture, place a tiny piece of the salmon mixture in a hot pan. Cook thoroughly and taste. Adjust the mixture for salt and pepper if necessary.
- Form patties.
- Heat up a pan with a little bit of oil, just so it coats the pan.
- Fry the patties on medium high heat for 2 minutes each side.
- To make the sauce, combine the mayonnaise, relish, chives, and lemon juice together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional lemon juice if desired.
- Top the salmon cakes with the relish sauce and serve.