1 drumstick, 2 drumstick, 3 drumsticks, More
- First thought that comes to mind: I love the smell of rosemary
- Great for: Crowds
- Inspiration: Rosemary plant
- Tips & Tricks: Brining is the key to juicy proteins
- Pairs well with: Arugala salad
10 Chicken Drumsticks
Handful of Parmesan Cheese
Drizzling of Olive Oil
Brine for Chicken
8 cups Water
¼ cup of sugar
¼ cup of Salt
3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Handful of fresh Rosemary
- Combine the brine for chicken in one bowl. You may need to dissolve the salt and sugar by heating the mixture in intervals of 20 seconds in the microwave. Allow the mixture to completely cool.
- Add in fresh rosemary.
- Add in chicken legs. Marinade for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the brine mixture and pat dry. If you wish to ensure even crispier chicken skin, place the chicken on a rack and let it sit in the fridge uncovered for 2 – 12 hours. The cold from the fridge will dry the skin so that when it bakes, the skin will crisp up.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place chicken on a pan or baking rack and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake chicken at 400F degrees for the first 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350F degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve.