No Breasts, Just Thighs
- First thought that comes to mind: Chicken teriyaki bowls
- Great for: BBQs
- Inspiration: The teriyaki chicken on the lunch set menu at the local Japanese restaurant
- Tips & Tricks: You can also bake these in the oven too
- Pairs well with: Rice bowls with avocados
4 Boneless chicken Thighs
1 Red Onions
5 Green Onion Stems
Ingredients for Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup water
1 tablespoons Mirin/sweet rice wine
1/8 cup sugar (either white or brown)
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon Siracha
- Combine all the ingredients for marinade together. You may need to heat it up in a microwave safe bowl on intervals of 20 seconds until the sugar dissolves. Cook the marinade. Let the marinade cool.
- Cut the red onions in eights/wedges across the head of the onion. Keep the head intact, that way each piece will stay together and the pieces will not fall through the grill.
- Add the chicken, red onions and green onions to the marinade.
- Marinade for 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Grill all contents on the bbq grill until all items are cooked thoroughly.
- Squeeze lemon on top of the chicken to add just the right amount of acidity.
- Serve with avocado, rice, or salad!